Synth v.18 Released
November 29, 2013
Synth v.18 has the following features and bug fixes:
- Save presets as JSON.
- Press ‘x’ on keyboard to close drop zones and controls.
- Created default looks as presets.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the cancel button on controllers to display multiple times.
- Fixed the hue controls, now works from 0 – 360.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the default video from looping.
- Optimized the way the geometry changes.
- Fixed a bug preventing switching from video source to webcam.
- Fixed video playlist, when kicking an item it wouldn’t play.
- Fixed a bug causing NaN values when using the precision number box in dat.gui.
- Enhanced antialiasing making the entire composition look better in Google Chrome.
Synth was tested on Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57. Synth currently only works in Google Chrome and partially in Apple Safari. Mozilla Firefox WebM video playback coming soon. IE11 is not supported and won’t be until Microsoft supports GLSL shaders in WebGL scenes.
Audio hangs when switching geometry, reserve for in between songs.
Clone the github repo to your local web server for a boost in performance.
On your local server, replace the contents of default.json with custom presets.
What features would you like to see added to Synth? Add requests and bugs to the comments of this build. Your requests could make it into a future release.
Report bugs and feature requests for this build in the comments.